Archive for June, 2013
Inkandescent Radio’s Hope Katz Gibbs interviews TFL’s Derek Woodgate on multiple aspects of the future!
Below is the link to the Podcast of our Derek Woodgate speaking on multiple aspects of the future including:
- The Futures Lab—what it is, why he started it, and what the organization is working on today.
- The big companies he’s worked with, and how the research he’s done for them played out in their business and society at large.
- His work on the Future of Play—and how it impacts small businesses.
- His books, including your newest, Future Flow to be published this year.
- And, the emerging issues that small business owners need to be aware of.
In collaboration with Skybridge Academy and Hackerspace, both located in Austin, TX, The Futures Lab, Inc. and its recently formed BU, LIFE (Leaning Innovations for Future Education) will present STEAM3 – A future-focused sense event to explore and develop multi-dimensional, immersive approaches to the future of education through experiential learning.
The event will have four separate spaces,
the Living Classroom: which will deal with immersive experiences, simulation, machine learning, learning companions, rich interfaces, learning on demand, Advanced ADL and personalized learner models;
The Game of Learning: covering social learning, sharable content, virtual world design, gamification, mobility, emerging haptics, etc.;
Make Magic: experimenting with visual, audio and interactive “Make Labs”, focusing on interactive, immersive learning through “Make”;
Interactive storytelling: looking at building social narrative, re-framing language, meaning, perception and context, creating multiple avenues of expression and systems that evaluate students’ emotion and motivation, self-efficacy and interest, etc.
The two day event will be held in Austin, TX on 1st and 2nd March 2014 and will include speakers, panels, workshops, demonstrations, make labs, immersive and interactive installations, entertainment, exhibitions and a technology faire.
For further information: contact Maggie Duval at firstname.lastname@example.org or on tel: 512 484 9769.